I have had a few comments this week about the low volume of posts on our blog. Life is pretty mellow right now without much to share. We are always working toward the goal/stepping stone of moving back to California and really hope to make significant progress this year. We entertain ourselves by browsing jobs and apartments/real estate. All of the hoping and planning is really exciting and keeps us going on the more boring days, but we are really happy together.
Some pet projects of mine:
-searching online and compiling "look books" of how I would like to decorate different rooms in our home.
-browsing Redding real estate and falling in love with retro homes that have potential
-looking through Labrador retriever breeder websites and debating with Joshua which color we'll get (eventually)
-designing my next (and biggest) tattoo. I'm still praying about what exactly to get, but I know I want it on my shoulder and/or arm and I have a couple of potential designs in my head. No for sure plans yet, but I may be getting it as soon as my birthday (April 3).
The past month has been full of busy weekends with friends and family. We have gotten into the pleasant but dangerous habit recently of stopping by my parents' on a weeknight. It is way too much fun being with my family so we end up staying until far too late on a work-night, but these moments are so precious. In January my "little" brother (who stands at over 6' these days) turned 18 and he graduates in May. I have to admit that it is really surreal and it makes my '07 graduation feel like the distant past.
School has been lighter for both of us this semester, although I am finding myself overwhelmed some days working full time and then coming home to have a paper to write and entire books to read. On the bright side, I love both of my classes: English Comp and Forms of Literature I (Children's Lit). I have had people asking me about my applications to the schools I mentioned in my last post. I dropped the Yale and Harvard applications and I honestly don't know if I can still finish Brown's (the only school I'm even mildly interested in) but I will try. The further I went in the application process, the more it was costing and the more I realized I don't want it like I used to. I began the process to "find" where I am supposed to be and somehow I just don't know that it is at any of those places. My degree is still in progress and I will finish it, I just don't know where yet. We're working on basics and life vision here. And it's crazy, but I am actually okay with not having a precise plan.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment